Monday, August 10, 2015

More Kaisercraft Time Machine

So, we are all back from the fabulous my2angels Retreat! What a fabulous weekend it was - a wonderful time had by all thanks to the organisational skills of Tracy, Shelley and all their helpers.

Kaiser's Time Machine is in store now, and here is my second layout using this awesome collection. This one is a photo of the sunrise from the rooftop terrace of the Villa in Italy we visited for my DD's wedding last year. I must confess here that I am NEVER up at sunrise. This was just because of the jet lag - LOL!

Kaisercraft Scrapbooking Layouts

The base for this layout is a piece of grey/green cardstock and half a sheet of the reverse of ''Coggler''. The patterned edge strip was left on to give the impression of another layer. The torn strips of Kaisercraft Filmstrip Printed Tape along the edge have the same effect. 

I've used my favourite stencil of the moment - a Tim Holtz Brocade (the Kaiser 12x12 Damask template here is very similar) - and texture paste to randomly add interest across the background and sprayed a little Aquamarine Glimmermist to give some deeper colour. There's also a piece of Cream Cotton Lace tucked underneath the paper's lower edge.


Kaisercraft Scrapbooking Layouts

Underneath my photos are several small pieces of patterned paper from the range. From the bottom up, I have die cut some ''Ironclad'', cut tag shapes from both sides of ''Gadget'', mounted the photo on ''Scriptorian'' and die cut two Pediment shapes from ''Hourglass'' and ''Gadget'' again.
I also die cut a bookplate from ''Gadget'' and stamped it with StazOn Timber Brown ink and a script stamp. The brads are brown metal.
The string on one of the tags, and wrapped around the photo is Seaweed Bakers Twine.

Kaisercraft Scrapbooking Layouts

Decorating the lower right corner I have a butterfly from the Totally Turquoise Flutterbies and an Antique Bronze Square Filigree. This one has a centre circle which I have filled with a small piece of emerald green ''Hourglass'' and a 12cm Transparent Glass Cabochon. It looks so pretty - like a green jewel.


Kaisercraft Scrapbooking Layouts

My title ''everyday moments'', my journalling strips and all of the sprays of leaves are die cut from both sides of ''Steam Engine''.

Kaisercraft Scrapbooking Layouts

After this layout, and the previous one, I still had plenty of papers left - and some gorgeous pieces from the 12x12 Sticker sheet too - so I thought I would try out the Kaisercraft flip card dies I got at the Retreat - Circle and Snowflake. For both cards I used Inkssentials Specialty Stamping Paper cut to 8''x 6''.


Kaisercraft Scrapbooking Layouts

 The Circle flip card die was the base for my fist card. On the front I used ''Iron Clad'' and ''Coggler'' with a lacey strip from the 12x12 Sticker sheet between them. There is a ''Coggler'' circle underneath the cute bird. The clock on the front is a sticker, but I mounted it on dimensional squares. Happy Birthday is stamped with StazOn Timber Brown

Kaisercraft Scrapbooking Layouts

On the inside, the base is a piece of ''Hour''. A second circle die cut from the reverse of ''Ironclad'' gives you a place to write your sentiment, with another clock sticker overlapping it a little. The edge of pale green cogs is also a sticker.

Kaisercraft Scrapbooking Layouts

Next, I used the Snowflake flip card die to make a Christmas card. The photos don't really show it, but the trees, the pine needles and the snowflake itself are all glittery and pretty. There is white sparkly glitter all over my floor, my clothes, my hair and my cat.

Kaisercraft Scrapbooking Layouts


The papers I used here are ''Gears'' (the only paper with a white rather than cream base) and ''Hourglass''. The white accents are all die cut from Inkssentials Specialty Stamping paper and covered with glitter. The central pearl is white and the ''Merry Christmas'' chipboard is embossed with black embossing powder.

Kaisercraft Scrapbooking Layouts

Inside the paper is ''Ironclad'' again - the front for the brown brocade pattern and the reverse for the die cut writing spot. A few more glittery trees finished it off.

Kaisercraft Scrapbooking Layouts

I'm sure you'll enjoy Time Machine as much as I did. Hurry and get yours while it stock lasts.
I think it might be time for some tags. I'm inspired by the ones everyone made at the retreat.....or maybe I should finish my canvas....or my Sleigh....or....

Kaisercraft Scrapbooking Layouts




No comments: