Monday, February 9, 2015

Love you to Infinity – A Male Valentine’s Card


With Valentine’s Day coming up I thought I would be extra organised this year and get my husband’s card made early.  Here is what I came up with using the Grunge Love you to Infinity Key embellishment.

Valentines

I made a 14.5 square card base (cream card) as it works well with the CD.
First I grabbed a white faced CD/DVD and stamped the background and embossed with Gold Zig Embossing Powder.  I then inked the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Walnut Stain. 

Valentines Day Handmade Card


Die cut three cogs using Tim Holtz Gadget Gears die from thick card/chipboard.  Emboss with Stampendous Aged Ivory  Embossing Enamel.  Randomly sprinkle a small amount of Distress Black Soot Embossing Powder and heat emboss.  If you use too much Black Soot embossing powder as I did, just place some more Aged Ivory embossing powder.


Valentines
Valentines Day Handmade Card


I also used a small amount of Distress Black Soot Embossing Powder and heat embossed the metal Gadget Gear Cog Charms for inside the card.
Valentines


I matted the front and the inside the card of the card with black and cream card.

Valentines Day Handmade Card
Adhere some black florist mesh (or you could use nylon fly screen or muslin dyed black) to the front of the card.
Valentines Day Handmade Card
Adhere the CD/DVD onto the mesh.

Valentines Day Handmade Card
 Add cogs and the Grunge Love you to Infinity Key embellishment onto the CD/DVD.
Valentines Day Handmade Card
Inside the card adhere the metal Gadget Gear Cog Charms, and write your sentiment
Valentines Day Handmade Card

All finished - I hope your partner loves it.

Valentines Day Handmade Card

No comments: