Tuesday, January 6, 2015

One for the boys using Kaisercraft's Off the Wall

Yay! Another awesome collection of ''Boy'' papers in the tradition of the ''Attitude'' range from Kaisercraft -  ''Off the Wall''.

Lucky for me, our first grandchild turned out to be a boy! Just perfect don't you think? This collection will be featuring in a good many of my layouts in the future and here's the first of them - ''Airplane''.

Scrapbooking Boys Layouts

I love getting grungy for a boy layout, but I think this little boy is still too small for full-on grunginess, so I've tried for a compromise with this one. It's a bit messy, but not too much :)

The base paper is the reverse side of Attitude, a chalky cityscape which looks like it could have been seen from the window of a plane...which is where this cute photo was taken. This was DGS's first trip on a plane coming home to Sydney from America. Perfect, yes?

I inked all the paper and sticker edges on this layout with Black Soot Distress Ink and an Inkssentials Ink Blending ToolOn this background paper I also popped on a couple of torn strips of tape - Kaisercraft Happiness and Darice Black & White Script.

Across the almost-centre is a strip of the absolutely gorgeous Tag paper - what a great pop of colour! I was a bit bored with just the blues though, and there was a lime green stripe in the original photo, so I decided to match it with a few splashes of colour - then I cropped the stripe out of the photo. LOL! Such is life!

My splotches are made from white gesso pushed through a Crafters Workshop Mini Splats Template. When it had completely dried I used Key Lime Pie Glimmermist to add colour. I brushed it on rather than spraying and added in several layers, drying between each, deepening the colour in some places and leaving it light in others. There are also some smaller splatters in places made by tapping the wet paintbrush.

Scrapbooking Boys Layouts

On top of that there is some great darker green shimmer made with Mint Green Inka Gold. Did you know that you can mix this amazing stuff with water and paint it on? I didn't until I saw some videos online! I tried to get the shimmer into this photo ... not much success, but you get the idea. The spatters it makes are a bit thicker and more textured too ... bonus!

Some mesh tape along the edges; and my photo attached and it's time to embellish. I have used some silver Ball and Chain to link up my Gadget Gear Cog Charms with two Silver Aeroplane Charms. The green inside the cog is a drop of Key Lime Glimmermist and a dollop of  Glossy Accents mixed together with a pin. It looks a bit like stained glass - which gives me a few other ideas for later.   ;)

Scrapbooking Boys Layouts

My Airplane title is made from some manilla stencil cards I was given ... here is the treatment I gave them:

Scrapbooking Boys Layouts

When you've peeled all the letters out of the soggy looking mess with your tweezers you get these - a metallic looking positive and a negative to play with later.

Scrapbooking Boys Layouts

I also bent mine around a bit to get some cracks into the letters.

The photo is mounted on a piece of black corrugated cardstock and a square of the reverse side of Tag. One edge is punched, and I have added the pieces that were punched off to the bottom edge of the Tag paper next to a piece of Boys, Mates, Pals, Buddies Ribbon. The white edge is cut off the ribbon. 

Tucked in around the photo there are a few stickers from the range (tickets and arrows) and a small piece of punched Loud. More silver Gadget Gear Cog Charms and Ball and Chain, a silver Typewriter Charm and a silver Camera Charm complete the layout.

Scrapbooking Boys Layouts

Scrapbooking Boys Layouts





No comments: