Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Vintage Christmas Tag with Beaded Holly Mini Pick

New 'Mini Picks' Kits

Sweet little stocking stuffers for one of your scrap buddies. At only $2.00 each, they include instructions and all products needed to create them.

Beaded Holly DIY Kit



Each Kit provides the materials (embossed flourish, beads, pins and ribbon) to create this stunning handmade piece.  

Christmas Mistletoe Tags
Michele here, 

As much as I want to deny it - and I am never ready for it - Christmas IS on the way!!
 
 As usual, Tracy has made card-making easier by creating some beautiful embellishment kits, ready to be assembled and added to your basic cards or tags to make them very special.

The one I have used here is the 'Beaded Holly' DIY Kit, in the my2angels Christmas Embellishment section on the website.

I love making pretty tags to add to simply wrapped parcels ... I think this one has a vintage feel.


Christmas Mistletoe Tags

I took a simple Manilla Tag and covered the front of it with a piece of Christmas themed book page. (This one is from the Kaisercraft Yuletide 6.5" paper pad, but there are thousands of similar papers around - you could even use a real book page :) )

I used a damask stencil and dabbed embossing ink onto it, then heat embossed the pattern with Zing Clear Embossing Powder. When Inked with Tea Dye and Vintage Photo Distress Inks, the embossed pattern acts as a resist and after a swipe with a damp paper towel, the pattern stands out beautifully.


 
To the bottom half of the tag I added an Idea-ology Ornate Plate - using the included long fasteners to attach it to the card. The stamped ''Merry Christmas'' is also inked, and covered with coats of Glossy Accents and then Crackle Accents.
Because this is a gift tag and the back is visible, I covered the back with the same patterned paper (after attaching the Ornate Plate so that the backs of the fastening brads would be covered and would not poke holes in my gift wrap).
The black accents are rub-ons from the Idea-ology Christmas Time Remnant Rubs pack.


Christmas Mistletoe Tags



Finally, I added the Beaded Christmas Holly, cascading downwards from the top of the tag. I covered my green embossed flourish with a coat of clear Glossy Accents to make it a little more robust - because some presents under the tree get a good shaking before it's time to unwrap them ;)


Christmas Mistletoe Tags

No comments: