Saturday, October 25, 2014

Introducing Grunge Time Charming Frame Kit

I love grunge - it's totally awesome....but some days I love Shabby Chic just a little bit more ;)

The Grunge Time Charming Frame Kit lends itself to any style really...so I chose to make it pretty this time.

With the ''Wedding of the Year'' now over, I find myself with millions of photos to scrap, but I know that it will take me ages to make that happen! Getting one or two out on display fast is a priority, and this little frame kit is perfect for the job. 
Because there are two sides you get to use two photos...Side 1


...and Side 2



The first step for me was covering all the chipboard with white Gesso (acrylic paint will do the job just as well) just so that no brown bits would show through. Then I used Ivory Stampendous Aged Embossing Enamel to cover both sides of each clock die-cut. 
The chipboard cogs, and the hearts that form the holes in them, were all coated (on both sides again) with Tarnished Brass Metallic Distress Stain followed by a coat of Glossy Accents. This gave them a shiny dimensional look...very pretty.

When I put my photos behind the clock 'frames' I decided to cut out the unembellished top edge - it gives the frame a lighter, more delicate look. 

Besides using three of the four included chipboard cogs, and several of the little cut-out hearts, I used two Tag Charms - 'Together' and 'Forever', and a Bronze Heart Locket on a small piece of  Gold Iron Chain. These were brightened up a little bit first with a rub of Brasso.





But...again because there are two sides, you need to make sure you hide the ugly, glued back side of your embellishments. Flowers are the perfect disguisers.

The flowers I used are Large White Roses, White Cherry Blossoms,  Creamy Yellow, Yellow, and Cream 1cm Roses, and some tiny white rose buds. Finally there are a few pieces of Ivory Pearl Garland adding delicacy to the finished look.







All glued into the clear acrylic base - also decorated with roses - it's a lovely addition to any sideboard....simple to make and so pretty. 






No comments: