Monday, May 12, 2014

Charmed Life and Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope

Before I even start with my latest layout, I need to apologise to everyone for my long....almost 2 months!!!!!...absence. The busy season at work (the other work...) and a bout of the flu have meant an unwanted break from scrapping and only one layout since the beginning of March! I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by and how much I've missed getting ink under my fingernails and paint on my old (and not-so-old) jeans.
So on Sunday DH was called in to work. I had some absolutely free time so I was able to finish a layout that has been sitting on my desk for at least three weeks.

I used Kaisercraft's Kaleidoscope pp's - and very pretty and versatile they are too - and matched them with some pieces from my2angels Charmed Life Vintage Notes.


The base paper is a sheet of ''Mosaic'' and I followed that with a smaller piece of ''Original'' - distressed around the edges. Over this I used Crackle Accents and a Crafters Workshop Branch template then lightly sprayed with red (I used a drop of Fired Brick Distress Reinker mixed with water), then toned down the lot when it was dry with a dry brushed layer of gesso. You can't see it very well in the photos, but it adds quite an interesting texture to the page
.
To add some interest around the edges there are some torn strips of printed tape. I used three matching Kaisercraft tapes here... ''Film Strip'', ''Happiness'' and ''Pink Damask'' all perfect with these papers and with the Vintage Notes card set.

In the blank spaces on the background I used gesso and the Twiddleybitz Bricks Template. Because I used white gesso to stencil over my already dry brushed layer of white gesso, the lines between the bricks are enhanced a little bit by brushing on a small amount of  Black Soot Distress Stain and almost immediately dabbing it off again with a tissue.

Under my photo there are two layers of red damask patterned paper - strangely the name of this paper is ''Layers''. I also used it to punch out my birds sitting on a wire, tucked in at the top of the page and to the left of the photo, and there is also a small piece forming the base for the accent in the bottom corner.


Tucked under the matted photo there is a today: journalling spot cut from ''Illustrate'' which forms part of the layout's title along with some black and white Dymo labels. Perfectly co-ordinating with it, and also with the printed tape, is a pretty card from the Vintage Notes Charmed Life card set.

Embellishing the whole I have some white painted chipboard pieces and of course my2angels flowers and a charm. The charm is an Antique Bronze Birdcage, the leaves are die cut from some leftover scraps of Kaliedescope papers so they match perfectly, and the flowers are Brown Cherry Blossoms, Cream and Brown Roses and White and Brown Rosebuds.



The accent at the bottom of the layout is also made from a card that is included in the Vintage Notes Charmed Life set - the Antique Bronze Heart Locket and Key are included.

Have a play with my2 angels Charmed Life card sets and Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope - the perfect match!

Michele xx



No comments: