Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Christmas Embellishments Birdcage Centrepiece

Every Christmas table needs a fabulous centrepiece for people to admire and talk about. Rather than spend a huge amount of money buying something that means you need to keep the same colour scheme every year - try making this cute little centrepiece.
 It's quick and easy to make and you can change your Christmas colours every year like I do.

Using some silver glitter card I picked up from Dollars and Sense - I cut 4 Tim Holtz Birdcages ... due to lack of space here at my2angels, I don't stock that many dies, BUT I AM REGULARLY ORDERING them in for customers who request them. So if you want a specific die, please let me know, as I can get any Spellbinders, Sizzix, Cuttlebug or other major manufacturer. Tell me what you want and I can track them down for you.  :)

Line up the 4 birdcages with the glitter facing down and tape them together. Tape the 2 ends of the birdcages together to form a square. 

Scrapbooking Christmas Embellishments



Cut a 7cm x 7cm square out of your glitter paper, then score a 2mm border and cut across the 4 corners as shown in photo. 

Scrapbooking Christmas Embellishments


Place a battery powered candle over the middle of the bottom and draw a circle around it. Cut around the circle and pop the candle in so that your candle can be turned off and on without having to open your birdcage from the top. (Thanks Audrey!!!! I can't believe I had it sitting on my desk for a week, trying to figure out a way to do this! Blonde Week!)


Scrapbooking Christmas Embellishments

Tape and secure your candle bottom to the bottom of the birdcage.
 Add some tulle around the candle ...  pink or whatever colour matches your Christmas décor. Using your fingers, push the tulle and corners of the birdcage together so it is secure.  (Personally I would use my hot glue gun - because my day is not complete without a burn somewhere or gluing a finger to the table!)

Scrapbooking Christmas Embellishments

Randomly add Stickles so that you can adhere some Sugar Beads to the tulle.



Now you MUST get this next step right - as you don't want a crooked birdcage.  Bend 4 filigrees in half and secure to the 4 bottom corners of the birdcage.  I would recommend using a strong glue or Wondertape, as your centrepiece will be in the middle of your table and can get knocked around while people are fighting over the Christmas turkey. 

If glue seeps through the filigrees, just add some Stickles (using your finger) to cover it. Well that is all I did and mine looks fine - but you could add Christmas bells, flowers etc if you wanted to hide it.

Cut the top of the cord on a my2angels Christmas Bauble and tie 2 ends of the top of the birdcage together.  Then add ribbons and flowers to secure all 4 top pieces in place.


Scrapbooking Christmas Embellishments

And for the final result ... pop it onto a pretty plate with some coloured beads.


Scrapbooking Christmas Embellishments

Scrapbooking Christmas Embellishments


Scrapbooking Christmas Embellishments


No comments: