Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Back to Base Coat....

Hi Ladies,
Michele here again with another layout based on the very versatile Kaisercraft Base Coat.



This range is perfect to use as a starter for just about any grungy layout you can imagine. Everything from wood to lace for you to enhance with texture and mediums to create your own unique backgrounds.

So I took my sheet of "Rock" and set about changing it completely :)



First I took a Crafter's Workshop Brick template and, with an Ink Blending Tool, added some Vintage Photo and Pumice Stone lines. Over the top of that I added some texture with a Twiddleybitz Bricks Template and some Ferro Metal Effect Texture Paint in Iron and Amber Gold. I had a cup of tea on my desk at the time, so I added a splodge of Vintage Photo distress ink to my Craft Sheet, spritzed it with water, put my mug into it and transferred the rings to my page.


Next up, some sprays to add some shimmer and a few drips to the page. I used a combination of Perfect Pearls (Perfect Copper) and Glimmermist (Coffee Shop and Suede). After I'd finished spraying I took off the lid and flicked a few drops onto the page as well.



Not quite finished yet though - I added a few lines of random stitching at the top and on the right side using a copper coloured thread . Both above and below the brick centre line there are some translucent spots. These were made with a Crafters Workshop Punchinella template and some Multi Medium. This goes on white, but dries clear so I swiped a bit of Black Soot distress ink over some of the dots to make them stand out. Most are still clear though and add nice texture and sheen in the right light.

Next I punched the bottom edge of the page, distressed the other three edges and added a border underneath the punching using another Base Coat paper - ''Bricks''.  Because the paper is sometimes a bit wonky after the heavy treatment it has received I mounted it all on a piece of brown cardstock, just to give it some strength. So that was it for the background. The rest was easy :)



My photos are mounted on a piece of my2angels Pizza Box corrugated cardboard. There's a swipe of Black Soot and Vintage Photo ink on it and the two exposed corners have Bronze Photo Corners attached.
I have die cut two bracket shapes from the Bricks paper, reversed one of them and inked the edges with Vintage Photo and Black Soot. They are tucked under the top of my photo mat. I also used "Distressed" - a wood grain paper, to die cut some autumn coloured leaves.

I really like the look of raw chipboard, but for this layout I wanted my picket fence it to be a little darker so first I inked some of the edges and fairly randomly added some Perfect Pearls mist with a paintbrush. Then I covered it all with Zing Clear Embossing Enamel. While the clear embossing enamel was still hot I sprinkled on some Stampendous Aged Embossing enamels. Aged Copper and Aged Black were used on the fence. The nest at the top of the page stayed just Clear, but the eggs have the addition of Aged Copper and Aged Ivory. I also added a tangle of thread to the nest.



Below the photos I have added an enormous pile of flowers. I love Tracy's Cherry Blossoms, and here I have used Cream and Wine, Tangerine, White and 2 Tone Brown. Also looking gorgeous are the new White with Yellow and Brown Magnolias, and Tangerine and White Roses
There are three metallic elements in there too - first two new Large Bronze Leaf Charms (these are gorgeous and I will be buying more, so hurry up and get yours!) and secondly I have cut the flower centre from an Antique Bronze Flower Filigree Flourish and added it to my cluster.



And did you spot the my2angels handmade embellishments? These make every layout unique... a brand new Bronze and Tangerine Cherish Charming Word, and a pretty Orange and Antique Bronze Charming Pin. Beautiful finishing touches.


Michele xx





No comments: