Monday, July 15, 2013

Messy Boys Layout with Traffic Lights

Stepping out of my comfort zone today with a colourful layout, but staying within my zone by using cardboard as the base.

Scrapbooking Boys Layouts

Grab yourself a piece of cardboard and tear some of the top layers off. I always cut my cardboard 29cm x 29cm to allow room to go in your photo sleeves as these types of layouts are usually thicker than a standard pp layout.

Cut yourself some cardboard gadget gears and layer then add buttons , yellow ric rac and transport charms, like our utes, motorbikes and buggies. 



Scrapbooking Boys Layouts

Once happy with placement cover with Claudine Hellmuth Multi-Medium

Scrapbooking Boys Layouts



Don't be afraid of going crazy with the paints,  which I understand it can be daunting at first when attempting these types of layouts.  If you add too much distress paint, it can easily be wiped off with a spray of water and tissue,while it is still wet.  I did this with the Fired Brick Distress Paint, as I was going to add another photo which was mainly red, but felt the page was too busy for two photos, hence removing some of the red paint.

Scrapbooking Boys Layouts


Make yourself a Traffic Lights which was the perfect embellishment for this themed layout.  Here is the link to creating your own Traffic Lights
PS I used 14mm cabochons for my set today
(PS if you don't have the die required I am happy to cut you one and put it in with your next order, just leave a note in comments at checkout)


Scrapbooking Boys Layouts

With some scrap yellow cardstock I added journaling using the Sizzix File Tab die (and a few splats of Black Soot Distress Paint)


Scrapbooking Boys Layouts

Make a title with Jenni Bowlin Tiny Circle Alphas in Vintage Brown and Silver Metallic Thickers.
Add a silver arrow pointing to the tile.

I also added another piece of yellow ric rac untouched with mediums so it was like the underlining of the title.

And to finish it off wipe over areas with Inka Gold Silver

Scrapbooking Boys Layouts

Don't forget only a few days left to get 20% off all yellow and gold products from my2angels
so pop on over and grab yourself a bargin

Scrapbooking Boys Layouts


No comments: