Monday, April 8, 2013

OTP Folder for my DD love notes

To keep all my letters and cards etc that my DD has made me over the years, I thought I would create a folder to store them in ...


So starting off with a folder I coated it with Claudine Hellmuth GLOSS Mulit-Medium to seal it


For the front ....


Added a mess of embellishments including charms, white scalloped felt frame, sugar beads, filigrees, twiddleybitz vintage key, chain, felt hearts, flowers and a small handmade book (similiar to the one we made in the embellishment class at my2angels last year) plus various types of fabric behind the felt frame


Then when I was happy with the mess, I painted it over with Claudine Hellmuth GLOSS Mulit-Medium and left to dry


Claudine Hellmuth Multi-Medium


I made some homemade Glimmer Mist using Picked Raspberry Reinker as my base colour and sprayed over 90% of "mess"

You must leave it to dry fully before spraying another coat of Glimmer Mist

Next I painted in random areas with Sandal Paint Dabber and left to dry

Attacked with Tattered Leather Glimmer Mist and Guilded Gold Glimmer Mist, leaving to dry between coats.


And to finish with random "swipes" of Tarnished Brass Distress Stains

and the final result of the front ....



Claudine Hellmuth Multi-Medium




Claudine Hellmuth Multi-Medium

FOR THE BIND ...

I added pattern paper and chipboard hinges, which were inked with Stazon Timber Brown

Then embellished with our large flower filigree, daughter charming chain, pearls, chain and our vial bottles filled with Sugar Beads and love charms.  Hanging from the antique bronze chain is a Twiddleybitz Vintage inscribed Chipboard Key

and sprayed with Tattered Leather Glimmer Mist  (BLOT the Glimmer Mist with a tissue for you spray too much in some areas ... the Glimmer Mist WON'T transfer from the tissue to other areas you are blotting)

Claudine Hellmuth Multi-Medium

Then painted with Claudine Hellmuth GLOSS Mulit-Medium and left to dry
Then hit it with Tattered Leather Glimmer Mist and Guilded Gold Glimmer Mist, leaving to dry between coats.

Just for good measures I dabbed areas with Tarnished Brass Distress Stains




On the back I wanted to keep it pretty simple, so using the Crafter's Workshop Template Antiquities, I applied Texted Paste with my fingers and left to dry.  Then I asked DD to paint over it with Pink Sherbet Paint Dabber and get a photo of it (think she went abit arty on me and attempting to sell the dabbers god love her LOL)


Claudine Hellmuth Multi-Medium

Once the photographer had done her stuff I wiped over in random areas with Sandal Paint Dabber



BORINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG ...
with our scalloped felt frame, pink orchids, pink cherry blossom, scrap flourish chipboard and our Love Rhinestone word


Claudine Hellmuth Multi-Medium

 BUT then came the spraying of the same Glimmer Mists and painting as the front and ta da


Claudine Hellmuth Multi-Medium




As the girls in class, here at my2angels recently discovered, you can add whatever you like to your projects then paint with Claudine Hellmuth and go crazy with Glimmer Mists.  

You can create something so totally different from the beginning "mess" (and not to mention fun and messy!)






No comments: