Sunday, January 6, 2013

Twiddleybitz Shadow Box as a Chalkboard

Twiddleybitz Shadow Box
as a Kitchen Chalkboard

The minute I saw this gorgeous Shadow Box Solid kit (SBS002) from Twiddleybitz, I knew that it would make the perfect kitchen noteboard. I even had the perfect paper range to use with it.

 We have in stock the smaller sized shadow boxes (measuring 24cm x 25cm) here



Twiddleybitz Shadow Box

The first thing I did, was to paint the sides and back pieces with blackboard paint.
The front face though, I covered with Prima Romance Harlequin and painted the edges with Pitch Black Dabber Paint, instead of inking as I usually do.  When all the pieces were dried, I assembled it using my hot glue gun. Then it was just a matter of finding an assortment of pretty things to decorate it with.

Starting from the top - the products I have used include:


To make the cluster, I popped a Filigree Border onto the top edge and then glued a Large Pink Rose slightly to the left of centre. Before adhering the rose - I made a large bow out of the Pink Organza Ribbon and glued that to the bottom of the rose.
Underneath the rose I popped on one of my Cream Rose Charming Chain, which I also glued down once I was happy with the position of each element.

Twiddleybitz Shadow Box

Moving over to the top-right corner, is one of our small square filigrees.  I cut one corner out of it to create a corner piece, topped it with a light pink rose and then adhered it onto the inner corner of the frame.  This is also a great idea for creating your own, unique photo corners.
Twiddleybitz Shadow Box

Here you can see the steps I took to make the filigree corner. As you can see, it is oh so simple - and yet very effective.



Down in the bottom right-hand corner is a piece cut from Prima Romance Dear John. Over this I have added a tab "10 things I will never forget" - which is also from Prima Romance Dear John.

Last month we had the Tim Holtz 'typewriter diecut' as a 12c item - I have a few left over, so I used one here and added a "Notes" tab to it - again from Prima Romance Dear John.

My cluster is created with a Round Flower Filigree on the bottom, then over that I popped the following:

my gorgeous vial bottle, The bottle was first painted with Acrylic Paint Dabber Sandal across the front and then I stamped a script stamp over the top using Stazon Jet Black ink.


Twiddleybitz Shadow Box

I then tied a Pen Pot charm (using a bit of Antique Bronze chain) to the bottle and topped it with a light pink rose. The jar is the perfect size to keep a piece of chalk in it, so we can write notes on our board.

Twiddleybitz Shadow Box


On the bottom left of the Shadow Box is another vial bottle - this time with cream roses and light pink roses spilling out of it.  The vial bottle has a small piece of Pink Organza Ribbon tied around the top.

Behind the vial bottle and roses I adhered some muslin fabric, which I had soaked in tea to give it that lovely 'vintage' look. When it was dry, I adhered it with my hot glue gun to the inner base of the frame.

Twiddleybitz Shadow Box

For the final touch, I sprayed Guilded Gold Glimmer Mist all over, giving it a gorgeous gold glimmer to tone down the black a little.

Here it is before I sprayed with Glimmer Mist...

 Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist

and now after being sprayed.

Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist

I've had a wonderful time playing with this Twiddleybitz Shadow Box and I know you will too.

For my next shadow box project, I am going to create a jewellery holder for my DD (if I don't get distracted LOL).

I am going to have a play with the smaller sized shadow boxes that we stock here which I believer is the perfect size for my jewellery holder.



Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist



4 comments:

Anne P said...

Wow, beautiful project Tracy.

ann said...

Yeah it is so cool !!!
and yes I need
Bread
Milk
Wine
but I am getting my hair cut Monday
lol

Michele said...

Haha...love it Tracy! I have enough bread, don't do milk, got my wine yesterday and my haircut is on Wednesday :)

Mazz's Scrap O'Clock said...

even better IRL.