Monday, August 20, 2012

Fathers Day Card Ideas, an Album & a Christmas Card

Fahers day card ideas 
by Lisa

Fathers Day is not that far away - and as a challenge Tracy gave me some sheets of the Kaiser Sears and Son “Moustache”paper.
So I am going to give you some quick and easy ideas to make some Fathers Day cards or at least masculine cards!!!!
Now I am never going to claim to be a great card maker. I am a scrapbooker who uses her scraps to create cards when she needs them for Birthdays, Christmas, Mothers day and Fathers Day etc!!!

With four kids my kids have an endless stream of birthday invites so I always have a quick and easy supply of cards ready to go!!

Here is the first card – I have used the front and the back of the paper to create the background and I used a diecut that I got from one of Tracys boy embellishments kits and then I made my own banner withtwine and cardstock. I inked the edges and added the Jenny Bowlin stickers.






The next card I used the currently popular large banner to create some interest on the card and added some JennyBowlin stickers and some brown brads. You may notice I have also added the strip across the front of the card using the cut off strip from the bottom of the paper.





For the final card I have again created a smaller banner and doubled it up with a kraft background and then the cool moustache paper and then added the square of Kraft with the DAD stickers!!





Yay – I now have cards for my Dad, my father in law and my husband!!!! I’d love to see your Fathers day creations – so place them in the my2angels gallery!!!!

Lisa


Geli here,
I making a whole 10 page album with one collection and a bunch of embellishments from my2angels and I've almost made it. This is page 9:
Okay, so the photo isn't the greatest, but I didn't store the negatives right and it's my fault the colours have gone funny. Don't tell me you don't have photos like these! Nevertheless, these are my Russian friends and they deserve to be scrapped! 

I wanted to add a fair bit of journalling about our awesome party season at Christmas time, since we used to celebrate Christmas and New Year twice every year (the old Gregorian calendar was 2 weeks behind and each holiday has a "new" and an "old" date. It's really just an excuse to party on...)

To find space for all this writing I cut out 4 of the journalling cards (3x4" each) and a 8x8" photo mat:
Okay, so I changed some of them later, but you get the idea. 

An inked edge helps them stand out from the background.
Next I wanted to use some cute felt ribbon, but the colour was just a bit too pink. What to do?
Peel off the backing to expose the sticky side...
 ...and pour clear glitter over it. A bit of hairspray to help the glitter stick and done. It tones down the pink a bit and adds some sparkle (always great for party layouts). 
Now I glued that on, like this:

I punched a mat with my Martha Steward "around the edge" punch (instructions are on the leaflet that comes with the punch) and glued the mat and photo down, with a blue velvet ribbon over the edge (light blue or green can help neutralise the brown tone of discoloured photos).
The title is framed with a felt star and 2 holly charms (I painted the berries red with Shimmerz)


While puttering around and making a fine mess on my craft table, I saw the new white shabby embossing powder and I was wondering how it would look on a white paper flower. Well, it looks awesome. The embossing powder kind of sinks into the paper and leaves a gorgeous sprinkling of glitter:

I was on a roll, so I tried it on some red felt stars, this time with aged copper. The one on the left was inked with clear ink and embossed on the patterned side. The one on the right was sealed with multi medium on the smooth side first, then inked and embossed. Nice, huh? 

Both of them ended up on a different project, but I wanted to share the idea with you.
A couple of present pins complete the page.
If you have missed the other 8, here are the links:
part 5

Cheers, Geli
  


Tracy here 
with yet another (OMG) Christmas Card!
I too, am like Lisa who is not a card maker however the new mica Fragments are just calling out to me to make Christmas cards ... must be the gorgeous colours and texture of the fragments who knows but I am glad, cause I now have 2 Christmas Cards completed and it is only August!


So like my card last week, I ran a twiddleybitz kraft card through my cuttlebug embossing with Funky Christmas Collection embossing folder.


Then using the new bare chipboard sheets and my Tim Holtz House Scene die, I inked the houses with Old Paper Distress Ink, Walnut Stain Distress Ink and Barn Door Distress Ink.
  
 

I raised the front row of houses by taping scrap chipboard behind them.


The Christmas Tree is hand drawn and cut (obvious ah?) and inked with Peeled Paint Distress Ink with additional inking from Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

 And finally, to finish the card off, I sprinkled Bronze Stampendous Mica Fragments over the card.


And finally, YIPEE after my flower order sitting in WA for over a week it is being delivered sometime today ... new flowers and restocks will be up on the website sometime today ...





1 comment:

Sandie said...

Amazing creations ... each one, is gorgeous... love popping in and seeing what everyone has been doing ...