Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A gift for you ... An exploding box

A gift for you....


An Exploding Box



This week at my2angels I have a gift...all boxed up in a Magic Exploding Box :)
I made my 3" square box using the Websters Pages Let's Celebrate collection again. This time the base is made using the paper called Wrapping Paper. These pp's are very thick and strong - almost like cardstock, so they are well suited to gift box and card making.
On each of the four outsides I stuck a different Martha Stewart Doily from my stash - but any small round die cut would work just as well. On top of those, popped up on Foam Mounting Tape, are some pretty pink cupcakes stamped using the gorgeous Hello, Cupcake! from Snag'em Stamps, coloured with Copic Markers and cut out.
The lid is made using a square of Coredinations Blue Lightening cardstock. Around the edge I have stuck some pretty lace .....
...and on the top a pile of flowers on top of another doily. The blue flowers are some very old Prima ones I found in the bottom of my stash - I don't use blue very often so they tend to stay there for a while :) The others are a mix. There's a 2cm Pink and White rose, several other small roses in pink and white and a few White Foam Stamens. Also tucked in there are some loops of White Organza ribbon, a blue Happy Birthday with Present pin and a few white pearls. The 'for you' is a rubon.

When you open the lid the box falls open and there are a couple of nice surprises inside.
The first is a gift card in a holder made from a couple of left over pieces of Wrapping Paper and embellished with the same roses, pearls and White Foam Stamens. There is also another rubon - this time 'best wishes'.
When you take out the gift card holder (and the gift card inside it ;) )....


 


there are some cute bobbing cupcakes inside!




To decorate the inside of the box I cut five squares of the Coredinations Blue Lightening cardstock and stuck them into each side and the base. These I surrounded with some white Pearl strips. In the centre there is another doily. The two roses on top of the doily serve as a holder for the Gift Card - it stands up straight between them.
The bobbing cupcakes are attached by thin beading wire which I have wrapped around a paintbrush handle to create a spring. The bottoms of the springs were poked through the holes in the doily and taped to the back of it with sticky tape, before I stuck it down. The pearls around the edge of the doily conceal the ends of the springs a bit and also reinforce the hold on the springs, so that they don't flop over too much. The top of the spring is glued between two cupcakes.

To create the four bobbing pieces, I cut eight cupcakes from the Websters Sweets and Treats paper and stuck them together, back to back. I trimmed them up so that none of the orange and blue reverse side was showing. I added a few pearls to them to bling it up a bit :).
This was a fun project to make and I'm pleased with the result....I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Cheers
Michele

4 comments:

Geli said...

That is soooo cute! I'm so gonna make one too

Ngaire said...

Lmao Michele - those Prima flowers are less than 12 months old.

Elaine coustley said...

Absolutley Fabulous. I love it x

Michele said...

No way Ngaire!!! Really?? Wow, feels like I've had them for ages LOL!!! Must be several CHA's, not years. LMAO. They're pretty aren't they :)