Sunday, July 1, 2012

Free Gift Sketch Challenge and NEW ARRIVALS

Free Gift of the Month
with your first paid purchase during July is ...
a sample pack of boy charms and ball & chain






Introducing the my2angels Monthly Challenge. 
Each month we will present a different challenge for you to enter into. This month we have a sketch challenge.







Tips for Using Sketches

The design of a sketch is intended as a starting point or inspiration for your layout. How much you chose to take from it is up to you – you can follow the design exactly or use selected elements only. All you have to be able to show is that the original ‘sketch’ inspired your creation. So keep the following in mind:

· You can flip or turn the sketch to suit yourself: sideways, upside down or back to front – whatever takes your fancy.
· Size doesn’t matter – it can be a 12 x 12 down to 6 x 6.
· Prefer more or less white space on your layouts - then enlarge or shrink the sketch design to suit.
· Unless stated otherwise, embellishments are exchangeable – so swap flowers for stars or chipboard shapes.
· Straight lines can be anything you want – a ribbon, stitching, a row of brads or even a thin strip of patterned paper or line of journalling.
· Designated elements can be changed – eg trade a photo for another piece of patterned paper or journaling tag.
· A photo space can be any combination – 1 large photo can equal 2 medium or 2 small.

All you need to do to enter is to create a layout based on the sketch design (with the majority of products used available through my2angels) and then upload your creation to the my2angels gallery and your own blog/facebook page before midnight the 31st of July (QLD time). The winner will be chosen by the my2angels Design Team and will be made based on your creativity and design appeal.

Please note – at this time - NO DIGITAL layouts are allowed.
You can double up with another challenge site (not store site), but please acknowledge my2angels products used.
Entries limited to Australian Residents only please

And what will you win?


A collection of papers, rubons and die cuts from the Kaiser Miss Match Collection





First up this month is me, Tracy


I LOVE a sketch ... helps me when my mojo goes AWOL or have deadlines to get a layout done and in this case it was the later!  One night (miracle!) is all it took for me to complete this layout and I am happy with the end result PLUS it got the seal of approval from DS (shock horror!)




 

 Starting off with Kaiser Attitude! Trouble as my background then in random areas I first created splats with Fired Brick Distress Stain and Picket Fence Distress StainBecause I was working with a dark background pattern paper I found I had to give the splats an extra coat

Once dried, using my Perfect Medium Pen, drew the chicken wire using the Crafter's Workershop Template Chicken Wire Reverse then heat embossed with Antique Linen Embossing Powder







Cut 2 strips from the Trouble pp and distressed the edges with my craft knife.  I purposely didn't ink the edges so to add a bit more white to the layout as it is a dark one!


Using the "boys will be boys" frame from the What's up? pattern paper as my photo mount and by adhering it with the boys will be boys showing as the side border


Our extreme cool play hard boys ribbon has been coloured by running my finger over Fired Brick Distress Ink Pad then wiping over the ribbon

Obviously any layout I do has to have at least 1 charm and what else would be perfect for this page but our black gun charms!  This was added using ball and chain with a black jump ring on an Attitude! die cut (this pack of collectables die cuts coordinating with the range is great value .... 62 die cuts in a pack!) and arrow die cut.
 

We look forward to seeing what you create based on our sketch


NEW ARRIVALS

CHARMING TILES

After rave reviews and daily sell-outs at the recent Brisbane Scrapbooking Expo, we've decided to sell our "show special' Charming Tile in the store. Now you too can own our hottest seller - the Birdhouse Charming Tile. Our cute little Antique Bronze Bird Charm is a perfect match for the birdhouse stamped in brown on a basic white tile. Get in while they last - these fly out the door as fast as we can make them.

And to go with our 'boys' theme this month - we are proud to introduce our new Boys! and Oh Boys! Charming Tile range. Available in three colours (blue, red, silver) and two different tile backgrounds (blue and black) our latest Charming Tiles feature a grunge stamped background with a silver 'boy with cap' charm. Perfect for all the boys in your scrapping life.

AND ...

New Liquid Pearls
Archival Inks
Stampendous Embossing Enamels

Also BACK IN STOCK

12x12 In Progress Folders

TIP:  I read  on Facebook, some ladies use their In Progress Folders to store their Crafter's Workshop templates ... great idea, now I just need to find the rest of my templates amongst all this mess, to store them in the one easy and convenient place!




2 comments:

amanda73 said...

love love the sketch (but i think the deadline for is 31st july,not august lol)........ will definitely give this a go, love love your layout, looks like mark had fun at the paintball party,, love those tiles,need me someboy ones me thinks.

Debi said...

Wow Tracy this is an awesome layout! thanks for the words on my blog :-) small world I work in Lower Hutt :-) Debi x