Friday, June 1, 2012

Free Gift, DT Call and some inspiration

June Free Gift

In honour of the Queen's Birthday next weekend, our free gift this month is a pack of 3 silver Crown Charms ... so you too can bring out your inner Majesty.



Design Team Callout

my2angels is looking to re-new and re-fresh our Design Team.

 If you are a layout or card scrapper and think you have the time, energy and commitment to work as part of the my2angels inspiration sales-team, we welcome your application. 

Please email us via our website with links to your blog and facebook page and any online galleries - no need to create anything specifically for us - and we will email back with terms and conditions. 

Positions are for 6 months in the first instance, with the potential to continue. Previous experience in a DT is not necessary, however. our preference is that you are not currently working in the DT of an online store. 

Applications will be accepted until the 17th of June.



and now some inspiration from Ngaire


I have to admit I had not given much thought to getting the Meadow Lark range - a little too bright for me and some of the papers had me stumped as to how I would use them. But then I remembered a set of photos taken a couple of years ago on our way back from the (sometimes) annual ski trip. Madame in a bright, cheerful flowery top and shorts and a field full of yellow flowers. A match made in heaven - so off to Tracy's I went to get me some Meadow Lark.

The base for Forever Spring is a piece of Grace - a very pretty floral pattern. I've cut it into a die cut shape using a new template shape (it's a recent LYB die cut) that's taken my fancy. I then stitched around it in a pattern that was part of the original die cut's pattern. Over this went a cut down piece of Buttercup Coredinations cardstock. The third and top layer of the layout is a piece of Labelle, cut so that the birds/flowers on the right side were not included - most of what I kept was the script pattern.

This gave me a very soft and pretty base to work with - all I needed to do was fill it with a photo and some embellishments.


For the title, I used some Linen Texture Alphas from Prima - which I coloured a pretty lemon yellow using the new Tim Holtz Spring Inks set - the ink is called Lemonade and is a perfect match for the yellow cardstock. I've popped it over the top of a flourish tag that has been cut out of the Astor paper - one side is just full of different shapes and sizes and they are very easy to cut out. The flowers you see behind the tag are from Chloe - they've been fussy cut and popped here and there all over the layout to provide extra colour and interest and to block out some of the yellow cardstock.



There are a couple of layered clusters here and there - this one has layers of flowers cut from the reverse of Astor . I've coloured some of them with Twinkling H2O's from my stash and left the others raw - though I have edged them with a pinky coloured chalk ink. There are also some more fussy cut flowers from Chloe and another of the gorgeous Charming Words from my2angels. This one is the yellow rose/Forever version - but Tracy has a number of colours to choose from and several words.


On the other corner of the photo I have popped some more layered and fussy cut flowers and added in one of the Meadow Lark Lucerne blossoms. These have huge, clear crystals and a little glitter on them and although simple - are very pretty.


The biggest cluster on the layout though involves more layered/fussy cut flowers and several more of the Meadow Lark Lucerne flowers - along with a sparkly sticker from the Chipboard Sticker Sheet. There are also a couple of small yellow roses and I used one of Tracy's clear glass cabochons  (they come in a range of sizes) and a bit of left-over patterned paper to make a pretty ornament as well.
The two special 'bits and bobs' though were one of Tracy's cute, new birds nests and the gorgeous yellow and antique bronze Charming Pin. Whoo hooo - finally got her to put these in the store - they're so cute and easy to use.
There is also a hand-made flower I made from a spare bit of patterned paper - Windsong - this was made using one of my MFT dies - and I have popped a pearl into it for a centre.



Tucked in here and there on the layout are 2 birds cut out from the leftover bit of Labelle. I popped one behind the nest and the other over near the title.
So there you have it - Meadow Lark - a soft, pretty range from Prima with much more potential than you would think from the online images. The watercolour look to the patterns is very pretty in real life. I have a heap of bits left over from this layout, so I can see something else coming up.

Tracy is off to the Brisbane Scrapbooking Expo next weekend - so you might want to get in early with your purchases - as I am sure the nests and pins will be a big hit there (along with all her other personal designs).

NGAIRE

No comments: